Re: [Chicken-announce] [ANN] CHICKEN 5.3.0 release candidate 2 available

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-announce] [ANN] CHICKEN 5.3.0 release candidate 2 available
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 15:08:59 +0200

Hello,

I've installed the 5.3.0rc2 under a cygwin64 and mingw64-msys2
environment, using the auto-detection mechanism for PLATFORM.

Operating system: Windows 10 mingw64-msys2
Hardware platform: x86-64
C Compiler: GCC 10.2.0
Installation works?: yes
Tests work?: no, tests fail with a permission error (see attachment)
Installation of eggs works?: mostly (sendfile requires quoting in its
build script, sql-de-lite no longer builds)

Operating system: Windows 10 cygwin 64
Hardware platform: x86-64
C Compiler: GCC 10.2.0
Installation works?: yes
Tests work?: no, tests fail with a permission error (see attachment)
Installation of eggs works?: yes

Some more elaboration on the quoting issues: I've intentionally
installed 5.3.0rc2 into a path containing a space character to detect
them. This usually shakes out bugs in build scripts. For sql-de-lite
though, the quoting errors happen inside the generated
sql-de-lite.build.bat (see attachment). I've seen the same kind of error
in the ezxdisp, random-mtzig, endian-blob, tweetnacl, webview, lmdb and
rbf eggs. From what it looks like, it might be related to their usage of
the c-object feature.

Vasilij