Request for feedback on FFI helpers egg (Jiffi)

From: John Croisant
Subject: Request for feedback on FFI helpers egg (Jiffi)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 22:14:10 -0500

Hello all,

I have been working on a new egg called Jiffi, which provides high-level helpers for writing foreign-function interface (FFI) bindings to C libraries. It is especially helpful for large and complex libraries. I hope it will also lower the barrier for beginners to create high-quality bindings and contribute to the CHICKEN ecosystem. You can read more on the wiki:

    https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/jiffi

Jiffi is already usable and fully documented. However, before I stabilize the API, I would like some volunteers of various experience levels to try using it to create bindings to a C library (or part of a C library), and provide feedback about any concepts or documentation that are confusing, and any use cases that are difficult to accomplish.

My current plan is to accept feedback until mid-August, then try to release a beta with a stable API in early September.

You can provide feedback by joining the IRC channel ##jiffi (with two #) on the Libera.Chat network, or by emailing me off-list. Programmers of all experience levels are welcome, and I am happy to provide help writing bindings, and answer your questions. :)

- John Croisant