Re: Establishing Git repos for miscellaneous Chicken tools

From: Alaric Snell-Pym
Subject: Re: Establishing Git repos for miscellaneous Chicken tools
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 18:49:30 +0000

On 17/11/2020 18:41, Lassi Kortela wrote:
> Given:
>
> - a GitHub organization would be preferred for ease of maintenance by
> Dan and Vasilij who have written some of the Chicken Emacs support so far
>
> - you and I don't object to GH
>
> - nobody else has said anything
>
> - a decision seems hard to make
>
> should we just make a `chicken-tools` org on GitHub? That would let us
> resolve the current stagnation in maintaining these packages, and if we
> disable the wikis and issue trackers we can move the repos to another
> host later on.

Sounds good to me. I'm a staunch opponent of the centralisation of the
Internet by monopolies, but using free github stuff in ways that just
treat it as a node in a decentralised web of git repos bleeds them of
money without letting them use that to get their greedy hooks into you,
so DO IT DO IT DO IT AND THEN BRING THEM CRASHING DOWN FROM WITHIN
MUHAHAHAH, I reckon :-)

--
Alaric Snell-Pym   (2E0LOJ neƩ M7KIT)
http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/