Determining the correct, most up-to-date source/document for scraping CH

From: noosphere
Subject: Determining the correct, most up-to-date source/document for scraping CHICKEN SRFI metadata from
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 05:07:58 -0800

The "SRFI Table" project, which scrapes information about Chicken SRFI
support, needs to find an authoritative and up-to-date source of this
information.

Background:

Many of you will be familiar with the "SRFI Table" web page[1], which
shows which SRFIs are supported by which Scheme implementations.

A few days ago I found out that the Chicken SRFI support listed on that
document was being scraped from a Chicken wiki page[2] that hadn't been
updated since 2019.

I found this out right after I'd created my new Chicken SRFI Support
table wiki page,[3] which I had generated from an org-mode document in
which I'd compiled from various sources on the Chicken wiki.

I mentioned this to erkin (who authored the SRFI Table) on #scheme, who
decided to scrape the org-mode document, since at the time it was the
source of truth for the Chicken SRFI Support table wiki page, which at
least as of a few days ago was the most up-to-date source of this
information.

But this org-mode document is neither a reliable nor authoritative
source for this information, and it can and has gotten out of sync with
what SRFIs chicken actually supports.

The "Supported Standards" page[4], which is another source of Chicken
SRFI support information is not complete either.

There seems to be no one wiki page which is guaranteed to
be either authoritative or complete which could be used by the SRFI
Table project to find out which SRFIs Chicken supports.

Issue:

At erikn's request I've documented the issue with more detail on the
project's repo:

  https://github.com/schemedoc/srfi-metadata/issues/13

Anyone interested in making sure the SRFI Table stays up-to-date with
the SRFIs that Chicken supports is encouraged to read that issue and
make suggestions.

  --Sergey

[1] -
https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/schemedoc/srfi-metadata/blob/master/table.html