Re: RAM usage of applications?

From: kooda
Subject: Re: RAM usage of applications?
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 01:21:09 +0100

egarrulo <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I wonder if I could consider Chicken to write an application for a
> device with 256 MB of RAM, where the whole RAM may not be available for
> the application.
>
> Can anybody give me a *rough* idea of how much RAM a basic program
> written in Chicken and transpiled to C could require at run-time? Some
> megabytes, dozens of megabytes, etc.  With all features enabled, if
> feasible.  Speed is not a concern.
>
> Thank you.

What exactly do you mean by “all features enabled”?

The RAM usage is mostly determined by the program you need to write and
how you write it.

I have many programs written in CHICKEN Scheme running on a 32bits ARM
machine with only 512 MB of RAM, they all take between a few hundreds of
KB and to a few tenths of MB.