[Chicken-users] [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2020 Minimalistic, Experimental and Emer

From: Manolis Ragkousis
Subject: [Chicken-users] [FOSDEM] FOSDEM 2020 Minimalistic, Experimental and Emerging Languages Devroom CfP
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 10:43:43 +0300

We are excited to announce a devroom on minimalistic, experimental
and/or emerging languages (with big ideas) at FOSDEM on Sunday
February 2nd 2020!

FOSDEM is one of the most important free software conferences and is
hosted annually at Université libre de Bruxelles in Brussels,
Belgium. FOSDEM is fantastic, check last year's schedule for Saturday
(https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/day/saturday/)

We accept talks from languages that have interesting ideas or
prospects, but are not considered main stream (yet). If you are
working on an experimental or emerging language feel free to
submit a talk proposal.

Minimalism is an important topic for this devroom. Minimalism
matters. Minimalism allows for smaller systems that take less
resources and consume less energy. More importantly, free and open
source minimalism allows for secure systems that are easy to
understand. Finally, we believe that minimalism is educational and
brings back the fun of the early days of computing where people learn
to understand systems from the ground up. Speakers will be asked to
accentuate the educational side of their projects.

We have a room Sunday 2 February 2020. We want to invite you to submit
a talk on the use of minimalistic, experimental and/or emerging
languages that fits that description. We are especially happy to
receive talk submissions from members of any underrepresented groups.

If you have something you’d like to share with your fellow developers,
please E-mail us! Talks considered for the devroom will have to
be entered in

  - https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20

The deadline for submission is November 26th. If you have a FOSDEM
pentabarf account from a previous year, please use that
account. Otherwise add one on
https://penta.fosdem.org/user/new_account. Reach out to
address@hidden if you run into any trouble.

When submitting your talk make doubly sure to select "Minimalistic
devroom" as track (if you don't we won't find it), and include the
following information:

  * The title and subtitle of your talk
  * A short abstract of one paragraph
  * A longer description if you wish to do so
  * Links to related websites/blogs etc

To see what a final talk looks like see

  https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/event/gnumes/

Let's make this a fun day!

= Organisers =

Manolis Ragkousis, Peter Munch-Ellingsen, Steph Hobbs, Ludovic
Courtès, Jan Nieuwenhuizen & Pjotr Prins (address@hidden)

= Code of conduct =

  - https://fosdem.org/2020/practical/conduct/

= Original proposal =

  - https://libreplanet.org/wiki/FOSDEM2020-devroom-proposal

= Important dates: =

  - Nov 26th 2019:  submission deadline for talk proposals
  - Dec 15th 2019:  announcement of the final schedule
  - Feb  2nd 2020:  FOSDEM!