[Chicken-users] [Q] Macro for defining function from string

From: Sungjin Chun
Subject: [Chicken-users] [Q] Macro for defining function from string
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 18:42:43 +0900

Hi,
In writing FFI module for C library there’s too much repetition; so I’d like to
write some
macro to reduce this repetition.

What I’d like to write is something as follows: (define-my-bindings …)

(define-my-bindinngs “Float”) should emit following code.

(define float-xxx-xxx (foreign-lambda float (string-append “TH” “Float”
“Storage_xxx”))

What I cannot do now is generating float-xxx-xxx like function id from
“float-xxx-xxx” string.

How can I convert string to the id?

Thanks in advance.