[Chicken-users] [ANN] New waffle Egg

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: [Chicken-users] [ANN] New waffle Egg
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 00:35:15 +0000

Hi Chickens!

I'm pleased to announce the first release of my waffle egg!

waffle is a toolkit for building HTML and other XML based pages through composition of discrete, user definable, widgets. Widgets comprise markup specified in SXML as well as a set of attributes which are rendered into the widget.

waffle handles the composition of multiple widgets of the same type containing HTML Form elements.

You can install it immediately with `chicken-install waffle` (although I've not yet done a CHICKEN 5 port) and some initial documentation is on the wiki at http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/waffle

As some of you know, I've been sitting on this egg for Some Time. I'd like to thank both Arthur Maciel and Simon Worthington for their generous contributions and encouragement.

I've deployed this code in production at Knodium and at https://registers.app/

You can find a talk I did about how we used it at Knodium here https://media.ccc.de/v/c116_lisp_-_2013-08-25_11:15_-_building_knodium_com_with_scheme_-_andy_bennett_-_1281#video

The microphone sound starts properly a few minutes in! This first part of the talk shows you the site and webapp we generated with waffle and then I get into some examples and code.

As well as the websites, I've also used it for generating both the text and HTML parts for eMails from the same waffle message template and a complementary pair of widget sets.

If anyone tries it out for themselves, please do get in touch if anything isn't clear or you need any assitance at all.

Regards,
@ndy

--
address@hidden