Re: [Chicken-users] Include path when compiling an Egg.

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Include path when compiling an Egg.
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 00:08:16 +0200

* Peter Bex <address@hidden> [171013 21:21]:
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 01:26:46PM +1000, David Ireland wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > This might be a trivial, but  several  Eggs (including mine) won't compile
> > on BSD based OS's. It seems include flags for external libraries aren't
> > being set when compiling the final C code.
>
> Hi David,
>
> I've used BSD in the past, and building an egg to look in the correct
> location on NetBSD was a matter of calling chicken-install with
> CSC_OPTIONS in the environment to set the C options, like
>
> CSC_OPTIONS='-C -I/usr/include/blabla' chicken-install eggname

Yeah, sorry this is pretty inconsistent. There are a couple of eggs
that will add /usr/local as a prefix for the linker and preprocessor.
However adding  the CSC_OPTIONS yourself is the best way.

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.