[Chicken-users] Issues with latest message-digest egg

From: Jeff Moon
Subject: [Chicken-users] Issues with latest message-digest egg
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:48:36 -0700

I have been using the "message-digest" egg.  It was working for me for quite a while.  I recently recompiled and installed chicken 4.10.0, and noticed that it was having issues.
If I do the following code:
(use message-digest md5)
(message-digest-string (md5-primitive) "abcdefgh")
I get:
/tmp/chicken-4.10.0/bin/csi: symbol lookup error: /tmp/chicken-4.10.0//lib/chicken/7/message-digest-support.so: undefined symbol: f_336
If I force the egg to downgrade to version 3.1.0, the same code outputs:
"e8dc4081b13434b45189a720b77b6818"
Does anybody know what has changed in this egg, or if there is a way to get around this error on the new version of the egg?  I would like to be on the latest version of the egg to avoid the need to lock to an older version.
Thanks,
Jeff