[Chicken-users] A question about keywords and symbol->string

From: megane
Subject: [Chicken-users] A question about keywords and symbol->string
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 17:22:29 +0200

Hello,

Currently symbol->string strips any keyword prefixes when applied to
keywords (e.g. (symbol->string 'foo:) returns "foo"). Is this correct
behavior?

Is there a way to get the full symbol name (i.e. #:foo -> "#:foo", and
foo: -> "foo:")?

Little background follows..

I was trying to define a macro that takes a module prefix and a symbol
and combines them using symbol-append (which uses symbol->string) to get
the imported symbol. The macro of course broke when I tried with module
prefix that's a keyword, the style I'm using.

The best solution I can think of for my macro is just throw an error if
the module prefix is a keyword.

Regards,
anonymous coward.