[Chicken-users] How do you compile multiple modules into a single execut

From: Josh Barrett
Subject: [Chicken-users] How do you compile multiple modules into a single executable?
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 00:51:19 +0000

So I have file foo.scm, which contains module foo, and file bar.scm which calls (use foo). My question is, how do I compile these both down to a single executable, as opposed to having executable bar, which uses foo.so?
I've tried several approaches but I always get errors at compilation, as both files generate a function C_toplevel, which, as I understand, is how chicken wraps generated code. I also tried compilation units, the standard solution to this, but they seemed to cause weird errors in combination with (use), and (module).