Re: [Chicken-users] Hypergiant egg install fails, and some other eggs

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Hypergiant egg install fails, and some other eggs
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 11:29:54 +0200

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 11:08:09AM +0800, Robert Herman wrote:
> BTW, here is the log from just trying to install Termbox with no
> dependencies to compare with the Hypergiant log. I'm wondering if it might
> be the forward slashes in the change to current directory in the second
> line below? However, it seems to be missing or has a faulty 'setup-api'
> extension per the last lines:

You are looking too far down!  The real error occurs sooner:

> installing termbox:v0.11 ...
> changing current directory to
> C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp/tempb606.13000/
> termbox
>   "c:\chicken-iup\bin\csi" -bnq -setup-mode -e "(require-library
> setup-api)" -e
> "(import setup-api)" -e "(setup-error-handling)" -e
> "(extension-name-and-version
>  '(\"termbox\" \"v0.11\"))" "termbox.setup"
>   "c:\chicken-iup\bin\csc" -feature compiling-extension -setup-mode    -s
> -O3 -d
> 1 utf8.c ctermbox.c termbox.scm -j termbox
> ctermbox.c:9:23: fatal error: sys/ioctl.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

^^^^^^ This is the real reason it's failing.

I suppose ioctl is too much of a UNIXism to work on Windows.  And that
kind of makes sense, because terminals are very much a UNIX thing.
I wouldn't expect termbox to work on Windows because it doesn't really
have the concept of a terminal, except for CMD.COM, but that works in a
way that's much different from a UNIX terminal.

> Error: shell command terminated with non-zero exit status 1: ""gcc"
> "ctermbox.c"
>  -o "ctermbox.o" -c  -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H
> -DC_EN
> ABLE_PTABLES -Os -DPIC -DC_SHARED -Ic:\\chicken-iup\\include
> -Ic:\\chicken-iup\\
> lib\\include -I"c:\chicken-iup/include/chicken/""
>
> Error: shell command failed with nonzero exit status 1:
>
>   "c:\chicken-iup\bin\csc" -feature compiling-extension -setup-mode    -s
> -O3 -d
> 1 utf8.c ctermbox.c termbox.scm -j termbox
>

> Error: shell command terminated with nonzero exit code
> 70
> "\"c:\\chicken-iup\\bin\\csi\" -bnq -setup-mode -e \"(require-library
> setup-api)
> \"...

I guess the reason this shows up at the end is because that was the
original command that failed.  The "..." indicates that more code is
there, but it has been elided.  That would be the setup-file from the
termbox egg.

Basically, you'd have to do the same as with C code: look for the
first error in the output. The rest of the failing output is just
a result of cascading down (or up) the error.

Cheers,
Peter