[Chicken-users] chicken-install on MS Windows 7 with TDM-GCC-32

From: Claude Marinier
Subject: [Chicken-users] chicken-install on MS Windows 7 with TDM-GCC-32
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:29:47 -0400

Hi,

Chicken-install complains about the location.

    chicken-install numbers

    Error: no default location defined - please use `-location' option

I have been looking for a while (Google) but have not found how to specify the location (or rather which location to specify). I tried the following but that’s not it.

    chicken-install -location http://code.call-cc.org/svn/chicken-eggs numbers

    retrieving ...

    connecting to host "code.call-cc.org", port 80 ...

    requesting "/svn/chicken-eggs?name=numbers&mode=default" ...

    reading response ...

    HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

    HTTP protocol error

    Error: extension or version not found

Anyone know the correct URL?

On the other hand, there is probably something wrong with the installation. I have wandered off the beaten path.

    chicken-4.10.0rc2

Yes, I did do the ‘check’ but there was no obvious success or failure message.

This is not a pressing question; I am just trying the release candidate. Installing the numbers egg seems like a good test.

Thank you.

--

Claude Marinier