Re: [Chicken-users] callbacks returning twice

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] callbacks returning twice
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:30:02 +0200

Hi Christian,

thanks for your reply.  I'll have to look into this.  Maybe fixing the
iup in that respect is doable.

Am 26.06.2015 um 09:39 schrieb Christian Kellermann:
> "Jörg F. Wittenberger" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Except that it crashes all the time.  "callback returned twice"
>>
>> So what's the recipe to hit that problem?
>
> Having your C library call callbacks outside of a foreign-safe-lambda
> call. This might affect you if said library uses threads and passes on
> the function pointer to your scheme callback.
>
> The remedy for this is to use the concurrent-native-callbacks egg
> which uses a dispatcher stub written in C.

I see.  I already thought about running the iup code in it's own
pthread, since it does not well integrate with asynchronous i/o as it is
now.

Just I have to hope this will be working under Windows too.  :-/

/Jörg