Re: [Chicken-users] iup/ffcall - illegal instruction

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] iup/ffcall - illegal instruction
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:15:27 +0200

Hi all,

at least I located the reason: libffcall does not work on arm (armhf here).

__TR_clear_cache in callback/trampoline_r/cache-armel.s runs into the
illegal instruction.

While I _could_ work around that now, it's dissatisfactory.  Two
solutions come to mind:

a) Fix libffcall for real.  Requires more ARM and assembly knowledge
than I have.

b) Get rid of the libffcall dependency for iup.  This would require to
understand which results we'd ever expect from iupClassCallbackGetFormat
- again beyond me at this time.

Anybody having any suggestions for me?

Thanks sooo much.

/Jörg