[Chicken-users] Minor problem with args egg

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Minor problem with args egg
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 03:38:41 -0600

Hello--

In the process of writing the command-line app that goes with the sass egg, I noticed an issue with the args egg. I don't know if this is necessarily a bug - maybe just an awkward feature.

Anyway, it seems that if you specify an option with no arguments, e.g.

   (args:make-option (v version) #:none
                              "Display compiled versions.")

... then when the user invokes the program with that option, you get:

   '((v . #f) (version . #f))

... which means that alist-ref will not tell you whether the user passed that option, or it simply isn't present. I wonder if it wouldn't be better for a no-arg option to produce a symbol, #:undefined perhaps?

--
Matt Gushee