Re: [Chicken-users] In-code documentation with Cock - how?

From: Peter Danenberg
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] In-code documentation with Cock - how?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 12:46:22 -0500

Quoth Daniel Ziltener on Pungenday, the 50th of Discord:
> I'm working on a library where my .setup-file contains two "compile"
> and an "install-extension" expressions, but the manual now tells me
> I have to use "setup-shared-extension-module" and "run-cock".

Sorry, Daniel; setup-shared-extension-module is separate from cock:
that's part of setup-helper. You can continue to use compile and
install-extension instead of setup-shared-extension-module.

Run-cock is a convenience method which tries to generate documentation
but produces a helpful error message if cock-utils isn't installed
locally; you can invoke it followingly:

  (run-cock -o twilio.wiki twilio-core.scm)

See <https://github.com/klutometis/twilio/blob/master/twilio.setup>
for a trivial example.

> Is cock even "state of the art" for in-code and egg documentation?

That would be nice! I've probably got to socialize it better for that
to happen.