Re: [Chicken-users] How to bootstrap developing a CHICKEN application?

From: Stephen Eilert
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How to bootstrap developing a CHICKEN application?
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 11:44:38 -0200

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Bahman Movaqar <address@hidden> wrote:
On 02/01/2015 03:57 AM, Bahman Movaqar wrote:
A naive question but suppose I want to write an application (not an
egg); an application in the sense that it will not be installed in
CHICKEN repository.
What is the recommended directory structure? How can I run the tests
(like 'chicken-install -test')? How can I express dependencies? Or is it
just *my* conception of application and in CHICKEN there is no
difference between this and an egg?

I'd appreciate any help or a pointer to a relevant documentation.

Thank you very much Peter and Mario for the detailed answers. Considering what you said, I believe I'll go with the "egg" approach.

There's also the 'system' egg, if you don't need all the goodies that an egg can provide.

— Stephen