Re: [Chicken-users] Export a defstruct - Short Version?

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Export a defstruct - Short Version?
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 09:39:18 +0100

* Bahman Movaqar <address@hidden> [141213 22:29]:
> This code obviously doesn't compile because the export list is wrong
> --if I change the export list to, for example, (make-point) it compiles
> fine.
>
> I'm aware a "defstruct" is basically a shortcut to create a bunch of
> functions and the standard way to export it is exporting all the
> functions one by one. Now, I'm wondering if there is an easier/shorter
> way to do this (something like a wild card)?

No there isn't. There's a wildcard for exporting all symbols in a
module, i.e. using a * instead of a symbol list.  For records there's
no such thing I am afraid. A lot of modules don't export some if
not all accessors to hide the actual implementation.

So for the time being you need to explicitly export the getters/setters
and the make- procedure unless you want to provide your own (maybe
with your application specific checks).

HTH,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.