[Chicken-users] readline history bug?

From: Alexej Magura
Subject: [Chicken-users] readline history bug?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:37:21 -0700

Is the readline egg's history feature broken?  It only seems to work the first time I start _csi_ up after creating a new history file.  Here's the code that I'm using:

(current-input-port (make-gnu-readline-port)
(gnu-history-install-file-manager
  (string-append (or (get-environment-variable "HOME") ".") "/.csi_history"))

I went ahead and took a look at the egg's source code and it looks like the add_history() C function, which adds a string to the history list, only gets called within the egg by the gnu_readline function, which maps to the gnu_readline_readline C function, which is the only function to call add_history()

I would think that the egg would manage history by pushing each line input by users onto the history list and then append the contents of history list to the history file at the end of the session or something like that.

Is anyone else having similar problems?
--
Alexej Magura