[Chicken-users] ANN: New parley version 0.9 "quasselstrippe" available

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: [Chicken-users] ANN: New parley version 0.9 "quasselstrippe" available
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:44:25 +0100

Dear chicken fans,

maybe a few of you use the line editing egg parley for their project
or daily csi editing. Then this will be interesting news to you:

Version 0.9 "quasselstrippe" has been released.

I have been debugging and refactoring parley a lot lately. As a
result parley has now a better (read smaller, hopefully bug free)
single line editing mode and a not much bigger (in terms of code)
multi line editing mode.

single line editing is the default. You can enable multiline editing
mode by placing (refresh-line multiline-refresh) in your .csirc.

One caveat though: The API for key handlers has changed. The parley
state is now kept in a record with the essential getters/setters
exported. Please see the wiki and the example section on how to do
this now. I hope this won't cause too much discomfort but it has
helped to reduce code repetition tremendously (it seemed such a
good idea at the time ;))

Please let me know if this improves or worsens your editing.

Happy chatting with your REPL!

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.