Re: [Chicken-users] Use Chicken 3 egg in 4

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Use Chicken 3 egg in 4
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 21:01:08 +0200

* Sascha Ziemann <address@hidden> [141009 20:39]:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use a Chicken 3 egg like the the SMTP client in
> Chicken 4? I can not find the SMTP client in the version 4 eggs.

In principle yes. The most significant changes and the reason why
eggs haven't been ported in general is the module system and hygienic
macros, i.e. define-macro no longer works.

If you rewrite use cases of that you should be fine.

Cheers,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.