Re: [Chicken-users] Live programming with Chicken

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Live programming with Chicken
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 17:43:40 +0200

Hi Pluizer,

I've tried to make a poll-based repl like you're talking about for the same purpose. Have a look here and see if that helps:

https://github.com/Adellica/prepl

K.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello, I wanted to do some live game programming with Chicken Scheme. I would like to adjust my game whilst it is running a game loop. I tried srfi-18 threads for this but found it to be too unwieldy. So I wondered if there is a way to process the repl inside the loop. An example of what I would like:

(let loop ()
        (process-repl) ; <- this
        (unless (do-game-stuff) (loop)))

I could not find if anything like this exists. Does anybody know of a way?

thanks,
Pluizer