Re: [Chicken-users] bug update-uri in uri-common

From: Andy Bennett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bug update-uri in uri-common
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 14:28:51 +0100

Hi,

If anyone on this mailinglist has strong opinions either way, please let
yourselves be heard: now's the time to speak up.

If there was a vote then I'd vote to preserve an explicit port setting but dynamically choose the correct one, based on "scheme", when port is #f.

I don't think we (Knodium) rely on the current behaviour.

We do use the "domain canonicalisation" examples: http://api.call-cc.org/doc/spiffy#sec:Redirecting_to_another_domain The latter one is reasonably robust in the face of both the current behaviour and KLM's proposed behaviour. The former one is not.

Regards,
@ndy

--
address@hidden