Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4.8.0.5 on cygwin - stty & ECHOPRT

From: Alex Shinn
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken 4.8.0.5 on cygwin - stty & ECHOPRT
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:30:53 +0900

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 3:15 AM, Claude Marinier <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014, Claude Marinier wrote:
I just built chicken 4.8.0.5 on MS Windows Vista with a somewhat recent
cygwin. The installation process went well but csi could not find parley.

Turns out parley needs stty which did not compile because it cannot find
the symbol ECHOPRT. I removed the offending code from stty.scm, compiled,
and installed it. After that, parley installed without complaint.

I neglected to mention that removing references to ECHOPRT in stty is not a proper solution; it just allowed me to use Chicken on MS Windows. Note that csi command editing does not work properly; this is likely due the changes I made.

I appologize for previously posting an "omnibus" message. I will try to remember to have one topic per posting.

Yes please, I usually only skim subjects :)

I'll conditionally compile out ECHOPRT.

--
Alex

--