[Chicken-users] Another lowdown->sxml-serializer problem

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Another lowdown->sxml-serializer problem
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 07:11:43 -0600

Good morning--

Or good afternoon if you're in one of those other time zones.

I have observed the following undesired behavior:

1. Take a Markdown fragment containing a link, e.g.:

  "This fragment contains a link to [Chicken Scheme](http://call-cc.org)."

2. Convert w/ markdown->sxml:

((p "This" (#\space) "fragment" ....
 (a (@ (href ("http://call-cc.org/";))) "Chicken" (#\space) "Scheme") "."))

3. Serialize w/ serialize-sxml?

Error: (string->list) bad argument type - not a string: ("http://call-cc.org/";)

4. Tear hair ;-)

Of course, markdown->html handles this without trouble, but as before
I need to insert the lowdown-generated SXML into a larger SXML
document, so I have to do it in two steps like this. And I've been
looking at sxml-transforms, but although it handles this fragment OK,
it doesn't give good results for the whole document .... and though
its behavior can probably be modified to do what I need, I'm not sure
my brain is big enough for that. So I still feel sxml-serializer is
the best option--if this problem can be solved.

Any solutions for this?

--
Matt Gushee