Re: [Chicken-users] bb won't install on OS X

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] bb won't install on OS X
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:43:51 +0200

On Sun, Sep 08, 2013 at 03:20:19AM -0700, well wrote:
> When I ran chicken-install bb again, the output was much shorter, but it
> still had a line in it,
> sh: flu-config: command not found

I had a look at the setup script and it looks like flu is an optional
extension to FLTK, which provides a tree widget.  The error can be
ignored if you're not going to use the tree widget.

> Even so, running (use bb) in csi worked fine, and I was also able to run
> most of the examples on the wiki without a problem.
> When running the "notes" program that was given, none of the items on the
> menu bar appeared until I clicked them, and exiting the program gave this
> error:
> Error: unbound variable: :optional

I checked out the notes app on the wiki, and found it uses the bizarre
syntax (:optional file notesfile).  I think this may either be a really
old, long-deprecated syntax or a simple mistake.  I've converted the
example to use the #!optional DSSSL syntax.  Hopefully the example works
correctly now.

> A few other errors happened too; again, this might be a problem on my end,
> and flu-config might not be related at all to the issues with the notes
> program.

Indeed, they're unrelated (see above).

> For the most part, bb works fine. Thank you again!

You're welcome!

Cheers,
Peter
--