Re: [Chicken-users] replacement for rlwrap on MS Windows, MinGW

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] replacement for rlwrap on MS Windows, MinGW
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:28:30 +0200

* Peter Bex <address@hidden> [130725 08:59]:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 06:57:56PM -0400, Claude Marinier wrote:
> > Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. The context is
> > using the REPL on MS Windows. I prefer to use MinGW instead of Cygwin.
> >
> > Are you saying that csi can be built to use parley to provide better
> > history and line editing?
>
> That's not neccessary; you can simply build parley and load it into
> your csirc startup file and it will take care of the rest.  See the
> parley manual page for more info on how to do that.
>
> > Can this also be done on MS Windows?
>
> I don't see why it shouldn't work, but it probably hasn't been tested yet.
> Just give it a go and see how far you get.

The only issue I see is that the windows terminal does not support
one flag or the other that parley sets. Please let me know how far
you get, I will be happy to help.

The linenoise egg should also work fine, the procedure is similar
to parley and documented in the egg's documentation.

I have started with linenoise first, then the blocking calls during
FFI forced me to implement a similar thing in pure scheme to be
more scheduler friendly. Hence parley has been made.

Kind regards,

Christian

--
In the world, there is nothing more submissive and weak than
water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong, nothing can