Re: [Chicken-users] Building 32-bit chicken scheme on OS X

From: Jim Ursetto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Building 32-bit chicken scheme on OS X
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:56:26 -0500

Hi there.

The culprit appears to be a bug in our use of sigsetjmp, which is actually
already fixed in recent stability/4.8.0 (after 4.8.0.3) but is as yet
unreleased.  I verified 32-bit builds now work on a 64-bit Mac.

If anyone has a 32-bit Mac (for example, an original Core Duo) could you verify
it works on your system as well?  You will need to build stability/4.8.0 from
git, or I can make a tarball if you aren't set up to build from git.

Jim

(P.S. On a 32-bit system it is redundant to add any options like ARCH or
*_OPTIONS; `make PLATFORM=macosx` will suffice.)