Re: [Chicken-users] pressed Ctrl-\ and got segmentation fault

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] pressed Ctrl-\ and got segmentation fault
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:34:46 -0400

Moritz Wilhelmy scripsit:

> I misread the problem as "dumps core" rather than "segfaults".
> Sorry for the confusion, it exits because of SIGQUIT for me, and dumps
> core. It does however not exit because of SIGSEGV.

I can confirm that on 32-bit Linux.  On Cygwin, however, typing ^\ does
trigger a SIGSEGV with dumped core (except that it doesn't actually dump
core because the Windows kernel can't do that).  Both systems are running
version 4.8.2 (rev ea02c9a), and there is no .csirc file.  Readline is
not involved: the config line says "manyargs dload ptables" only.

--
A: "Spiro conjectures Ex-Lax."                  John Cowan
Q: "What does Pat Nixon frost her cakes with?"  address@hidden