Re: [Chicken-users] Thanks Chicken Scheme

From: Mathieu Desrochers
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Thanks Chicken Scheme
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:28:27 -0400

Hi Peter,

This project was my first experience using Linux, and
as you guessed, I wanted to use it as a learning experience.

Writing foreign interfaces by hand allowed be to write C code,
which challenged my memory management techniques and gave
me an opportunity to invoke make and gcc. By the way, the
Chicken Scheme FFI is really easy to use.

Also, coding against FastCGI finally dispelled all the
abstractions found at my .NET day job, and it felt good
working with streams and raw HTTP messages.

Your documentation is clear and I hand no troubles finding
the eggs list you mentioned, of which the length is amazing.
Guess I was just in a masochistic mood :)

Cheers,
Mathieu