Re: [Chicken-users] Crypt egg build error

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Crypt egg build error
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:02:24 +0200

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 08:35:20PM -0600, Matt Gushee wrote:
> Hello, Chickeneers--

Hello Matt,

> I am attempting to install the crypt egg on 32-bit Linux (up-to-date
> Arch Linux w/ glibc-2.17), but I am getting the following error:

[...]

> Anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks for the bugreport.

The reason it's erroring out is probably because your libc's crypt()
returns NULL for unsupported setting strings, whereas some other crypt()
implementations return bogus strings.

Could you please try the attached patch and let me know if this fixes
it for you, so I can make a new release?

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://www.more-magic.net