[Chicken-users] to "uses" or not to "uses"

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] to "uses" or not to "uses"
Date: 24 Mar 2013 23:05:49 +0100

After maintaining a codebase for a couple of years,
I ended up having all my code converted into modules
(while in the beginning there where no modules, just
units).

During the transition I learned that I still need to
maintain the (uses ...) clauses as they where before.

Now I wanted to kick out need to keep duplicates of
the requirements; once in the uses cluse and below in
the import list.

But this does not work out.

For some reason, several - though not all - procedures
turn out to be undefined (e.g. resolve to an unbound value
and then segfault accordingly).

To me this looks (at the moment) as if the uses clause enforce
the correct initialization order, while the imports just declare
what's seen by the compiler.

Is there any better way than to maintain the duplicated import-style
declaration of dependencies?

Thanks a lot

/Jörg