Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4.8.0 tests segfault on OpenBSD 5.2 AMD64

From: John Long
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 4.8.0 tests segfault on OpenBSD 5.2 AMD64
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 18:57:08 +0000

On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 07:28:18PM +0100, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> * John Long <address@hidden> [121205 19:16]:
> > On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 12:20:04PM -0500, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
> > > Hi John,

> This has been happening on and off for me as well as others. The
> reason for this is currently being debugged by felix and myself
> which has been stalled by me slacking off for weeks now.

Hi Christian,

I was surprised because the Loongson build went so flawlessly and all the
tests passed. I'm seeing lots of differences in the way OpenBSD runs on
these various boxes, not surprisingly. I couldn't build clisp from source on
this box at first try either today, although it built fine on the
Loongson. Maybe I should abandon these fast boxes and just stay on MIPS!

> I recommend to ignore it for now as this code path is not taken by
> default, i.e. garbage collection of weak symbols is *off* by default,
> so your programs are not at risk. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thanks for the explanation and all the help you've been giving on chicken. I
really appreciate it. Good to know and I will go ahead and install it then.

/jl

> Cheers,
>
> Christian
>
> P.S.: Hopefully the BOSS understands....your little robot...

Went right over my head...

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD