Re: [Chicken-users] How can I check a new build of chicken?

From: .alyn.post.
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How can I check a new build of chicken?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:48:07 -0700

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 09:19:33PM +0100, Felix wrote:
> From: John Long <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How can I check a new build of chicken?
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 14:36:43 +0000
>

> > Warning: reference to possibly unbound identifier `values'
> > ../libchicken.so.6.0: warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please
> > use strlcpy()
> > ../libchicken.so.6.0: warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please
> > use strlcat()
> > ../libchicken.so.6.0: warning: sprintf() is often misused, please use
> > snprintf()
>
> Boy, these warnings are annoying.
>

> cheers,
> felix

I suspect the OpenBSD team would say "Well, stop using these
routines."  Because if you're going to put such a message in
your linker you're also going to be annoying in person.

I'm not recompiling my linker enough to make it worth it, but
the patch to remove this check is ~5 lines.  It's a pitty there
isn't an environmental variable or something to shut them up.

-Alan
--
.i ma'a lo bradi cu penmi gi'e du