Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme for mobile devices?

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken Scheme for mobile devices?
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 00:56:17 +0100

Hi Shawn,

Kristian decided to use Chipmunk, which is a scene graph with an integrated physics engine, right?  That's maybe a different optimization than you need for doing basic 2D GUI applications, but I do wonder if it could work for that purpose too.

Actually, Chipmunk only provides the physics-engine aspect. I'm using Cocos2Dx for the scene-graph-like features. But it is, like you say, game-oriented and probably wouldn't work for general UI.

Would it be possible to look into the bb egg, which uses FLTK? IIRC FLTK has an OpenGL backend.

K.