Re: [Chicken-users] building under windows

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] building under windows
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:09:32 -0500

Felix scripsit:

> Oh, mingw-w64 - we don't support that yet, but it would be great to
> get it working. Can you do me a favor? Could you run the 64-bit
> version of gcc like this, and send me the output?

IMHO we should switch to mingw-w64 altogether.  It's hosted on Win32,
Win64, Cygwin, and Linux, and targets Win32 and Win64.  Furthermore, it
has a pthreads package that supports Posix pthreads on Win32 and Win64,
which would help reduce complexity in the Chicken system.

>   gcc -dM -E - </dev/null

Output from gcc version 4.5.3 (packaged with Cygwin) sent privately.

--
Take two turkeys, one goose, four               John Cowan
cabbages, but no duck, and mix them             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan