Re: [Chicken-users] spock tests

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] spock tests
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:18:05 -0400

Hi Felix,

On Sat, 08 Sep 2012 00:01:20 +0200 (CEST) Felix <address@hidden> wrote:

> There has been a new version of Spock (0.9) (that Scheme->JS compiler
> thingy) that uses a slightly changed unwinding strategy ("return"
> instead of "throw"), which promises better compatibility with stupid
> browsers and flaky JS engines.

Very nice!

> If you have a minute, please point your browser to
>
>   http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/spock/test.html
>
> and
>
>   http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/spock/threads.html
>
> The former takes quite a while to run, the latter needs canvas
> support.  I tested with Conkeror 0.9.1 and Firefox 3.6.3, which seem
> to run both tests OK. I would be very interested to see whether these
> work or fail for you, and on which browsers (IE in particular).

I run the tests on the following browsers:

- Chromium 18.0.1025.168
- Firefox 15
- IE 6
- IE 8

For test.html, I get (same results on all browsers):

    correct examples : 156
    wrong examples : 1

I think the wrong example is:

    (string->symbol #t) ==> #t
    BUT EXPECTED #f

On all browsers I get a warning like:

    ReferenceError: ____25min is not defined

threads.html run ok on Chromium and Firefox.  The IE versions I have
here don't support canvas, so that test could not be run.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario