[Chicken-users] ANN: Lowdown, a pure Chicken Markdown parser

From: Moritz Heidkamp
Subject: [Chicken-users] ANN: Lowdown, a pure Chicken Markdown parser
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 19:27:48 +0200

Fellow Chickeneers,

yesterday I released the first version of Lowdown, a Markdown parser
written in pure Chicken Scheme. The only other Markdown parser egg we
had so far, discount, requires the corresponding C library and can only
read and emit strings. Lowdown doesn't have any foreign dependencies,
can read from strings or input ports (well, any lazy-seq of chars,
really) and emits SXML. It passes all 22 tests of MarkdownTest version
1.0.3. I also started implementing a very basic extension API but that's
not ready for public consumption, yet. For more information, check the
documentation at the usual place: http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/lowdown

Hope it's useful to anyone!
Moritz