Re: [Chicken-users] combinators egg broken

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] combinators egg broken
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:52:49 +0100

Hi Mark,

* Mark Carter <address@hidden> [120316 14:45]:
> Doing
>    chicken-install combinators
> causes a number of complaints:
> Warning: obsolete compiler option: -lambda-lift
> Note: type-definition `left-section' for toplevel binding `deprecated'
> conflicts with previously loaded type `(procedure ((procedure (#!rest) *)
> #!rest) (procedure (#!rest) *))'
>
> Note: type-definition `right-section' for toplevel binding `deprecated'
> conflicts with previously loaded type `(procedure ((procedure (#!rest) *)
> #!rest) (procedure (#!rest) *))'
>
> An attempt to use the egg fails:
>
> CHICKEN
> (c)2008-2011 The Chicken Team
> (c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
> Version 4.7.0.5-st
> linux-unix-gnu-x86 [ manyargs dload ptables ]
> compiled 2012-03-07 on miro (Linux)
> #;1> (use combinators)
> Error: (import) during expansion of (import ...) - cannot import from
> undefined module: combinators

As I can see from the documentation at
http://api.call-cc.org/doc/combinators

The egg is named combinators, but there is no such module.

Available are:

section-combinators
sort-combinators
logical-combinators
uni-combinators

etc.

These are described in the usage sections of that egg description.

In most cases egg names are equivalent to the module names they
come with. But an egg can be a collection of several modules as it
is the case here.

Does it work for you then when you select a specific combinator?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
9 out of 10 voices in my head say, that I am crazy,
one is humming.