Re: [Chicken-users] Bugs in documentation and Mac OS X 10.6.8 executable

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Bugs in documentation and Mac OS X 10.6.8 executable generation broken
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:34:47 +0100

* Watson Ladd <address@hidden> [111205 15:52]:
> csi has it for making scripts run. This could simply be a case of me
> assuming that the interpreter and compiler took similar options, which
> is likely. So now i see what happens: csc takes the -ss switch and
> interprets it as -s, which causes the result.

The error lies in assuming that the interpreter accepts the same
switches as the compiler. This is not true for almost all switches.

> So what is the correct way to compile an SRFI-22 compliant
> script to an executable?

I fail to see the connection between srfi-22, that specifies a
script format for the interpreter and compiling a file.

Could you tell we what the actual problem is, please?

As for compiling files, there is documentation for using the compiler:
http://api.call-cc.org/doc/csc#sec:Compiling_and_running_your_program
the manual provides an example.

Maybe a basic tutorial for how to run things with chicken would
also help. Have a try here:
http://wiki.call-cc.org/chickenista-guide#using-chicken

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let