Re: [Chicken-users] BUG, list-ref bug found in chicken version 4.7.0

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] BUG, list-ref bug found in chicken version 4.7.0
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:30:35 +0100

Hi,

* ???? <address@hidden> [111120 09:19]:
> Hello, I know this is not the right place to make a bug report, and I
> really don't know whether this is a bug.
> I did like the following:
>
> address@hidden:~$ csi
> #;1> (list-ref 2 '(1 5 2))
> Segmentation fault
> address@hidden:~$ csi -v
>
> CHICKEN
> (c)2008-2011 The Chicken Team
> (c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
> Version 4.7.0
> linux-unix-gnu-x86 [ manyargs dload ptables ]
> compiled 2011-10-25 on xudifsd-laptop (Linux)
>
> I know I used list-ref in a wrong way, I was supposed to use it like
> (list-ref '(1 5 2) 2), but what makes me think this is a bug is that
> csi didn't give any promotion and even cause a Segmentation fault,
> it's expected to promote a wrong type.

This might be a chicken build gone bad. How did you build and install
this version of chicken? I can assure you that this works just fine
on many of my machines.

If you give us some more details we will work it out.  If you like
mail the output of chicken-bug to this list (if it works! If your
chicken build is broken this might fail too)

Kind regards,

Christian

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let