Re: [Chicken-users] replace signal with sigaction

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] replace signal with sigaction
Date: 30 Sep 2011 19:25:06 +0200

On Sep 30 2011, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:

;; Now a tentatively replacement for process-wait.  I'm not using
;; That anywhere.   Falls back to the state of affairs in pid=0

(define (alt-process-wait pid nohang)
 (if (<= pid 0)
     (process-wait pid nohang
     (if nohang
         (process-test-pid pid)
         (process-wait-for-pid pid))))

That one is definitely wrong if ever use together with save-fork:

The pid = 0 case would have to signal possible waiting threads.

Forget it.  We need a better API anyway.