Re: [Chicken-users] severe bug in file-exists?

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] severe bug in file-exists?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:40:57 +0200

* Sven Hartrumpf <address@hidden> [110928 15:38]:
> Hi Christian.
>
> Wed, 28 Sep 2011 15:10:46 +0200, ckeen wrote:
> >> I have just lost some files
> > I hope the data is not lost completely.
>
> No, it can be recovered automatically :-)
>
> > I have filed bug #706 in the tracker.
> > https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/706
>
> Thanks for filing the bug.
>
> Looking at the report, I see that file-exists? returns
> the file name if the file exists.
> This violates R7RS and R6RS, does not it?

As I see it, this procedure needs an overhaul anyway. If fstat fails
it returns #f regardless the reason. On IRC we have been comming
to the understanding that we should raise an I/O exception for all
other cases (if the fstat fails for other reasons than the file not
being there).

What does R7RS specify there?

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let