Re: [Chicken-users] Results of the Chicken survey

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Results of the Chicken survey
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 16:57:26 +0900

Hi Christian,

   To generate the HTML form for the survey, I used the ssax,
sxml-transforms, and html-form libraries. The SXML template and script
to generate the HTML are now in the chicken-infrastructure repository. To
process the mbox with emails sent from the survey form, and generate CSV
files with survey data, I used the formular and csv libraries. The
script that generated aggregate survey data is also in the
infrastructure repository.

   As for the charts, unfortunately I had to create those semi-manually,
using LibreOffice Calc and Draw. A good data plotting library for
Chicken would be a most welcome addition :-)

   As for your comments on the survey itself, you raise good points. I
added the name and email fields as a way to filter out potential
spammers. But since I did not get any spam submissions during the month
the survey was open, I think we can do without those fields in the
future.

   You are right that I should have sent a reminder email, but I was
quite busy the past two months, and forgot to do this. Now that the
basic survey infrastructure has been created, making new surveys will be
less time consuming, so hopefully we'll be able to focus on publicity
:-)

   -Ivan