Re: [Chicken-users] Interesting case.

From: Erik Falor
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Interesting case.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:18:08 -0600

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:05:25PM +0200, J?rg F. Wittenberger wrote:
> I ran into some old code, which might never have been used;
> however now it compiles with warning:
>
>   access to variable `tmp7448' which has an undefined value
>
> The code itself was silly, however: the procedure had a rest argument
> by the name of "values", i.e.:
> (define (sillything a b . values) ...)
>
> Renaming "values" to "rest" got me rid of the warning.  However I believe
> this cures the symptom instead of the issue.

On which version of Chicken are you compiling this?  I'm using 4.7.0,
and don't see any warning neither in the interpreter nor from the
compiler.

CHICKEN
(c)2008-2011 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.7.0
linux-unix-gnu-x86-64 [ 64bit manyargs dload ptables ]
compiled 2011-05-25 on gemini (Linux)

--
Erik Falor