[Chicken-users] How to convert c-pointer to nonnull-c-string

From: Santosh Rajan
Subject: [Chicken-users] How to convert c-pointer to nonnull-c-string
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 15:08:33 +0530

I have a c-pointer to a C buf and buf length. Buffer sizes may be large so I cant use the stack. I pass a c-pointer and int length from C to the callback.
I want to load this into a string. I tried some things based on what I found in my search but didn't work. Is there a idiomatic way to do this? I will appreciate any pointers or solution to this.
Thanks
Santosh

“The young man knows the rules but the old man knows the exceptions”. Oliver Wendell Holmes