Re: [Chicken-users] where move-file is?

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] where move-file is?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 09:30:06 -0400

Hi Hugo,

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:04:39 -0300 Hugo Arregui <address@hidden> wrote:

> I want to use move-file procedure, (
> http://api.call-cc.org/doc/chicken/eggs/move-file ), but i cannot find
> it as an egg or as an procedure. I mean, seems an egg, but
> chicken-install cannot find it, and doesn't seems installed already.
> Can you give me an advice?

`move-file' is from chicken-core's setup-api.  It is intended to be run
in .setup files.  See http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Extensions#move-file
It uses system commands behind the scenes.

You probably want `file-move'
(http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/4/Unit%20files#file-move) from the files
unit.

Maybe Jim can provide a good explanation for the api.call-cc.org path.
I suppose the Extensions section from the manual is mapped as `eggs' in
chicken-doc.  I'm not sure.

Best wishes.
Mario
--