Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken integration into OpenEmbedded

From: Felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken integration into OpenEmbedded
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:18:45 +0200 (CEST)

> Our current problem is with the cross builder. It has been built using
> the PROGRAM_PREFIX set to the target machine (e.g.: i586-oe-linux,
> arm-oe-linux, ...) and it does built fine.
>
> Currently when we run "${TARGET}-chicken-install -target <something>"
> it fails. ${TARGET}-csc calls the target gcc with lib${TARGET}-chicken
> as library to link to and this seems wrong since it is suppose to link
> against target library (thus without ${TARGET} on name).
>
> Any idea how I could use the build system to instruct csc to not do that?

Hi, Otavio!

Very cool - I'm looking forward to seeing chicken in OE.

The PROGRAM_PREFIX setting also applies to the library name, so
PROGRAM_PREFIX=foo will install the chicken library as
".../lib/lib<PROGRAM_PREFIX>chicken.so[.6]".  This is intended to
allow multiple chicken installations in the same prefix. But (as I
assume) since you install the chicken run-time parts on the target
system without prefix, this will not match the host system. You show
me here that this is not totally correct when building a
cross-chicken...

You can override the library name by passing "TARGET_LIB_NAME=..."
to the make(3) invocation. This should allow you to rename the library
that csc(1) will link with (as called by chicken-install(1)).